We take very seriously the personal relationship that exists between the company, its staff and tutors and our clients and their children. We never share any information about our clients with anyone outside the company. The only people inside the company who have access to your personal information are the director and the tutor who need the information to provide tutoring services.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC has invested considerable time and expense in finding, training and managing its roster of tutors, and in developing the systems and operations necessary to provide top-quality educational services to its clients. For that reason, our tutors have agreed not to contract independently with any Lexington Tutoring, LLC client, past or present, as a condition of their service.
Clients for their part, in accepting our services, agree that they will not independently contract with any of our tutors. Any independent contracting between the client and tutor, either while the tutor is commissioned for Lexington Tutoring, LLC, or at any point thereafter, is a breach of our agreement.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC takes very seriously its responsibility to clients and makes good faith efforts to screen all of its tutors and select only the most responsible and reliable individuals to deliver our educational services. Nevertheless, all of our tutors are independent contractors, and Lexington Tutoring is therefore not liable for their speech or behavior. This exclusion includes during tutoring sessions, in transit to and from tutoring sessions, and the periods in-between tutoring sessions.
Changing your appointment: Cancellation, tardiness, postponement, re-scheduling, abbreviating a session or changing its location
Our policy for changing an appointment has three parts: 24 hours notice, no exceptions, and reciprocity. Frequent cancellations will also incur a charge. Details are as follows:
- 24 hours notice – by email to our office to assure a timestamp – is required regardless of the reason for the change. Otherwise, the session is charged in full. “Change” includes cancellation, postponement, re-scheduling, abbreviating a session or changing its location.
- Sole exception – it is not feasible to judge or verify reasons that necessitate changing an appointment. Therefore, the only exception to the requirement for 24 hours notice is for weather that creates hazardous driving conditions.
- Reciprocity – If your tutor cancels with less than 24 hours notice AND if we are unable to offer a fully qualified, same-day sub, we will credit your account for the full cost of the session. In effect, your next session is free.
- Frequent cancellations – We charge in full for canceled sessions that exceed one third the number of scheduled sessions in a calendar month. For example, if 9 sessions are scheduled with a particular tutor in a given calendar month and 5 are canceled, then we will charge for the fourth and the fifth cancellation. If 4 sessions are scheduled with a particular tutor in a given calendar month and 2 are canceled then we will charge for the second and any subsequent cancellations that month. The only exception to this policy is for cancellations of sessions that fall during school-scheduled vacation breaks of four days or more.
- Changing your first session – If you need to cancel, reschedule, or change the length of your first session, please call our director, Nora-- 781-652-9649. The requirement for 24 hours notice applies.
- Make-up sessions – Missed sessions should be made up the same week whenever possible, to ensure the effectiveness of the tutoring program. If it is not possible to reschedule appointments, we recommend extending the length of your next scheduled appointment, if possible. In all cases, the requirement for 24 hours notice applies.
- Minimum sessions per month – We will charge in full for canceled sessions that exceed one third the number of scheduled sessions with a particular tutor in a calendar month. For example, if 9 sessions are scheduled with a particular tutor in a given calendar month and 5 are canceled then we will charge for the fourth and the fifth cancellation. If 4 sessions are scheduled with a particular tutor in a given calendar month and 2 are canceled then we will charge for the second and any subsequent cancellations that month. The only exception we will make to this policy is for cancellations of sessions that fall during school-scheduled vacation breaks of four days or more.
- Student arriving late or leaving early – Please call if you will be late. The time missed will be counted as part of the session. Our tutors are expected to wait no longer than 20 minutes for late clients. It is the client’s responsibility to contact the tutor in case of lateness. The scheduled tutoring time will not be adjusted for clients who arrive late. If, for example, a client arrives 10 minutes late for a 90 minute session beginning at 4:00 PM, the session will conclude as planned at 5:30, and the charge will be for the full 90 minutes.
- Tutor arriving late – Keeping in mind that your tutor will typically be coming to you through commuter traffic, if your tutor is late for a scheduled session,
- EITHER you and the tutor will agree to extend the session time by the amount of time the tutor is late
- OR you will simply be charged for the actual duration of the session.
- Snow days -- Please assume that your appointment still stands in the event of snow. Even if the schools are closed, we typically remain open. We will phone you if your appointment must be rescheduled due to extreme weather conditions. Please call our office -- 781-652-9649 -- if you have any questions about a snow day situation.
Background for this policy
Our cancellation rule has three parts: 24 hour notice, no exceptions, and reciprocity. The policy serves several purposes.
(1) Respect. This policy ensures that cancellations are not done casually, which is the simplest and most fundamental expression of mutual respect between tutors and clients.
(2) Retaining talent. Last-minute cancellations and frequent cancellation would make it impossible to retain high caliber tutors.
(3) Predictability. Low cancellation rates ensure a manageable work week and meaningful income stream for our tutors. Logistically, cancellations often create an inconvenient and awkward gap as the tutor goes from one client’s location to the next.
(4) “No exceptions” avoids putting anyone in the situation of having to decide if the reason for a last-minute change is “good enough” or, for that matter, true.
Do you charge for travel time?
No, if you are in or within 15 minutes of Lexington. Even if you are not within 15 minutes of Lexington, we can sometimes provide sessions with no travel charge.
When are our payments due and to whom should they be made?
Payment, by check or cash, for your first session is due at the time of the session. For test prep, college and graduate school tutoring and ESL, we require payment by bank check or cash. You are welcome to schedule a few individual sessions in order to establish the effectiveness of the tutor. If you are looking for regular weekly appointments however, we would encourage you to establish a weekly schedule as soon as possible. We bill once per week for ongoing sessions by emailed PDF.
If you pay by check, please make your check payable directly to your tutor as explained on your invoice. If you pay electronically rather than giving your tutor a check at a face-to-face session, please send us an email when you post payment and tell us the amount posted and the date it is expected to arrive so that we can note that on your subsequent invoice. In the event of a returned check, we have found it necessary to charge a $15.00 handling fee in addition to the bank charge incurred.
Please review our terms and conditions:
You certify that you are at least 21 years old, are fully competent, and are the legal guardian of the student(s) for whom the tutoring services are intended.
You agree to provide a non-smoking environment conducive to tutoring (i.e.: free of distractions, unnecessary noise and interruptions, etc.)
We invoice in full for sessions cancelled with less than 24-hours notice. For full details, see above, “Changing your appointment: Cancellation, tardiness, postponement, re-scheduling, abbreviating a session or changing its location.”
- A parent/guardian (or adult over 21 years of age) must be present in your home during tutoring sessions. We make no exceptions to this. If a tutor arrives and a parent/guardian 21 years of age or older is not present in the home, the tutor will not provide tutoring services. If you need to leave before a session is over, unless you are leaving another adult over age 21 in charge, the tutor will need to end the session when you leave.
We are not liable for any damage (real or imagined), which occurs to a person or property as a result or as a perceived result of tutoring sessions provided by independent contractors of Lexington Tutoring, LLC. By entering into a tutoring agreement with Lexington Tutoring, LLC you accept that Lexington Tutoring, LLC is not responsible for any damage, loss, theft, or bodily harm that may arise from tutoring sessions arranged with Lexington Tutoring, LLC. We carefully select tutors and run reference and criminal background checks on each. Lexington Tutoring, LLC takes all precautionary means that are available to us. Any issue that should arise with an individual tutor must be taken up directly with the tutor and is separate in its entirety from Lexington Tutoring, LLC or any of their respective officers, directors, agents, or employees.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC is dedicated to the success of your student and firmly believes that our tutors can make a difference. That said, neither Lexington Tutoring, LLC nor any individual tutor can be held accountable or responsible for the academic success of the student/client.
©2012 Lexington Tutoring, LLC.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC is a Massachusetts Limited Liability Company organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All content on lexingtontutoring.com belongs to Lexington Tutoring, LLC and may not be reproduced without our prior written consent. All of lexingtontutoring.com's content is protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. The material on our website may be reproduced for use by a single user only. You may not modify, retransmit, sell, or copy any of our content in any way. Lexington Tutoring, LLC reserves the right to change the reproduction policy at any time without prior notice.